About this Event
225 College Avenue, Holland, MI 49423
Held each fall, this event is for students seeking a full-time job, part-time job, internship, or volunteer opportunity. This fair is an opportunity for you to introduce yourself professionally to a potential employer and learn more about their hiring process. The key to a successful job fair experience is preparation and follow up. Below is a quick list of steps to consider prior to the fair:
- Research the list of participating employers and know who you want to talk to (check out their website and career page)
- Have your resume reviewed by a Boerigter Center Career Advisor (request an appointment on Handshake)
- Prepare a simple introduction (aka an "elevator pitch")
- Make sure you have business professional attire (suit preferably), padfolio, and various copies of your résumé!
- Don't forget to ask for business cards at the job fair so you can follow up with thank-you notes and/or make a connection on LinkedIn.
- Check out The Boerigter Center's website and Instagram page @hopecareer for more tips and information!