Schaap Chemistry Symposium
Friday, July 12, 2019 at 8:00am
Haworth Inn and Conference Center
225 College Avenue, Holland, MI 49423
Visit the Symposium website for more information.
The 2019 Schaap Chemistry Symposium will feature:
- Keynote lectures by Dr. Rigoberto Hernandez, the Gompf Family Professor of Chemistry at Johns Hopkins University and the Director of the Open Chemistry Collaborative in Diversity Equity (OXIDE), Cottrell Scholar, Humboldt Research Fellow, Herty Medalist, and fellow of the AAAS, ACS and APS.
- 25+ short talks by undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral students and local industrial chemists
- A poster session featuring 50+ student posters
- Opportunities for professional networking and recruiting
- Panel sessions on:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence
- Graduate school
- Industry careers in chemistry at varying degree levels
- Faculty careers in chemistry at undergraduate institutions
The symposium will run from 10 a.m.–10 p.m. on Thursday, July 11, and from 8 a.m.–3 p.m. on Friday, July 12. Abstracts will be available in the print program book available on site, but will not be published online.